Driver Qualification File Management for Transportation:
End to End Compliance
The process of managing Driver Qualification (DQ) files for a company is daunting. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations require motor carriers to maintain a DQ file for each commercial driver. Every file must comply with the regulation outlined in 49 CFR part 391. Be it building the DQ file at the qualification and on-boarding phase or maintaining your current drivers' DQ files, paying the required amount of attention to detail can make the difference between operating a compliant and safe fleet vs. one with mounting violations that put your drivers and fleet at risk. InfoStream's team of professionals can handle your end to end compliance needs.
Our team's professional expertise combined with the leading edge technology provided by EBE, will keep your management team AND drivers informed through mobile-based solutions and web-based graphical dashboards. We will deliver the right information, to the right people at the right time based on YOUR company's needs. At InfoStream, we'll take care of the details to keep your fleet compliant, reduce at-risk behavior, increase profitability, and most importantly, spend time with your drivers!
Driver Qualification File Management Services Highlights
- Web-based driver application
- Option to use your application or ours
- Review your driver qualification documents for compliance
- Image and index all of your driver documents
- Background checks for new drivers (DOT and Non-DOT)
- Motor Vehicle Reports
- PSP Reports
- CDLIS (Commercial Driver License Report)
- Criminal History including Sex Offender Registry
- Social Security Number Verification
- Verification of medical examiner
- Self-Certification Verification
- Safety Performance History Checks
- Document retention schedule and purging
- Automated alerts sent directly to the driver via mobile device and/or driver portal
- Receive documents from driver via mobile device and/or driver portal
- Annual certification of violation completion
- Real-time reporting
Compliant DQ File Requirements
- The driver's application for employment completed in accordance with 391.21
- A copy of the motor vehicle record received from each State record pursuant to 391.23(a)(1)
- The certificate of driver's road test issued to the driver pursuant to 391.31(e), or a copy of the license or certificate which the motor carrier accepted as equivalent to the driver's road test pursuant to 391.33
- The motor vehicle record received from each State driver licensing agency to the annual driver record inquiry required by 391.25(a)
- A note relating to the annual review of the driver's driving record as required by 391.25(c)(2)
- A list or certificate relating to violations of motor vehicle laws and ordinances required by 391.27
- The medical examiner's certificate as required by 391.43(g) or a legible copy of the certificate.
- A Skill Performance Evaluation Certificate obtained from a Field Administrator, Division Administrator, or State Director issued in accordance with 391.49 or the Medical Exemption document, issued by a Federal medical program in accordance with Part 391 of this chapter; and
- For drivers not required to have a CDL, a note relating to verification of medical examiner listing on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners required by 391.23(m)(1).